Saturday 8 May 2010

Hurwundeki - Cambridge Heath Road



My favourite Johnny Cash ditty 'Sunday morning coming down' was written for this antique shop / cafe / grocery store. Sitting opposite my fine long black and cheap eat treat is the nutty one from trainspotting, on the wall bowler hats and bad Victorian art, above me the rumble of passing trains and outside a collection of vintage fairground oddities for kids to scramble on whilst daddy gets his head together.

Whoever says Hackney is uber-urban has yet to visit - I feel like I'm in a rural crazy aunts secret parlour (although opposite there is a strip club to bring my thoughts back to the gutter where they feel at home)
Hurwundeki - The perfect start to my day. Any day.

The last and most charming point of magical little oasis - no music, so refreshing.




Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange