Wednesday 11 November 2009

Mr Simms Olde Sweet Shop - Hampstead

I wouldn't normally get excited about such a naff franchised chain of Victorian themed sweet shops - but I've just let my sweet tooth get the better of me and spent a small fortune on sugar coated memories. How can a grown man resist buying what his Nan used to buy him?
I'm now sitting at home sugared up and smiling guiltily. The hero product for me? A Chocolate Tool Kit. It's made of poor quality chocolate and it's cloying but thirty years ago I'd have happily spent the night watching the A Team and choosing whether to eat the little saw, or the hammer or the chisel first- so that's the plan for tonight. Without the A Team.
They also sell boxes of Wilhelmina Original Dutch Peppermints - lighter than an extra strong mint and already empty.
It's hardly worth a long trek to find this shop but if your passing perhaps you should pop in. My nan certainly would.